Temporary Car & Van Insurance for the Military
Instant cover, competitively priced
As a member of HM Forces there may be occasions when another driver urgently needs to borrow your car or you must drive a vehicle that isn’t yours for a few hours or a few days. JBI have selected Temporary Cover Ltd to provide short term car insurance.
Whilst many drivers have cover to drive other people’s cars on their own insurance (driving of other cars extension) this is not always the case, and if there is cover it is Third Party only (no cover for damage to the car you are driving).
Temporary car insurance provides Comprehensive cover which covers damage to the car you are driving.
This product is ideal for:
- temporary additional drivers (including EU visitors)
- temporary additional cars or vans
- unaccompanied vehicle demonstrations or use of courtesy cars
- hiring or lending a car or van to a friend, colleague, relative or customer
- immediate drive away insurance following purchase of a car or van
Cover is available for anyone who:
- has held a current full UK for a minimum of 6 months or European Union driving licence for a minimum of 12 months or hold a Provisional driving licence
- aged 18 – 75 years
- has had no more than 7 penalty points on their licence in the last 2 years
- has not been disqualified from driving in the last 2 years
- has not had more than 2 fault claims in the last 3 years
Cover can be provided for any taxed vehicle that:
- has not been modified
- has no more than 8 seats in total
- is registered in Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man
- you don’t use to carry passengers or goods for hire or reward
- the miniumum market value of the car to be temporarily insured is £1,000